Most Popular Questions
When does my participation in FSAFEDS end?
Your participation in FSAFEDS ends when one or more of these events occur:
- You decide not to make an FSA election during the Open Season for the upcoming benefit period (plan year). Your participation then stops at the end of the current benefit period.
- Your employment status changes and you lose your eligibility.
- You separate from the federal government.
- You transfer to a federal agency that is not covered by FSAFEDS.
- You do not respond to communications from BENEFEDS or FSAFEDS requesting updated information from you.
Please note: In any of the above listed scenarios (other than #1), your participation in FSAFEDS stops as of your termination date, or the last day of the pay period in which FSAFEDS received an allotment (FSA contribution).
In addition, any expenses you incur after your participation ends are not eligible for reimbursement.