Most Popular Questions
How do I get reimbursed for eligible expenses from an HCFSA or LEX HCFSA?
You must file a Health Care FSA (HCFSA) or Limited Expense Health Care FSA (LEX HCFSA) claim with FSAFEDS to be reimbursed for eligible expenses. You can submit your claim in one of several ways - the choice is yours. See File a Claim for more information.
When you submit a claim, you must also provide an Explanation of Benefits (EOB), itemized receipt, or other supporting documentation with these details:
- Patient's Name - the name of the person who received the service or for whom the item was purchased. For retail store purchases, this information may be excluded.
- Provider's Name - the provider that delivered the service or the merchant where the item was purchased.
- Date of Service - the date when services were provided or the item was purchased.
- Type of Service - a detailed description of the service provided or item purchased. A bag tag is sufficient for prescriptions.
- Cost - the amount paid for the service or product and/or the portion that is not reimbursed through your insurance carrier.
For some expenses, a Letter of Medical Necessity Form (PDF) from a doctor may be required.
IMPORTANT: FSAFEDS cannot reimburse you for any type of expense until the actual service is incurred. This means you should submit your expenses only after the dates of service have passed.
All OTC medicines or drugs (excluding insulin) require a physician's prescription in order to be considered for reimbursement. For more information on submitting claims for OTC medicines/drugs, please refer to the OTC Quick Reference Guide (PDF).